- Bald Ladies do lunch on the Today Show.
- Read about the pros and cons of Barbie.
- Six myths about dieting.
- Lee Blum writes about loving someone with an eating disorder.
- Scientific America has an in-depth Trisha Gura article on anorexia.
- SELF's survey reveals that more than 6 in 10 women are disordered eaters.
- See what women are saying at The Body Image Project.
- Miss America 2008 talks about her struggle with an eating disorder.
- More children are trying to look "normal" through plastic surgery.
- Listen to the new True Conversations Podcast with author Bill Dallas.
- In honor of Father's Day check out this blog from Dads and Daughters with Eating Disorders
- The New York Times asks if books on eating disorders can hurt as much as they help.
- Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman speaks out against "size-zero fashion."
- Download the first chapter of Allie Marie Smith's Book, HEAL; Healthy Eating, Abundant Living.
- Check out the Unbranded Beauty Project.
- Attend the Hungry for Hope conference, sponsored by Remuda Ranch and Findingbalance.
- Listen to the new True Conversations podcast with Mandisa
- Download The Glory of the Human Body mp3 by Travis Stewart.
- This surprising video from Britain's Got Talent proves there is more than meets the eye.
- Newsweek explores how our beauty obsession is impacting our kids.
- Scarlett Johansson speaks out about the media's influence on body image...from her own perspective.
We are committed to providing you with the latest news regarding how our culture views identity and beauty as well as highlighting True Campaign resources, but we also need your help. If you find an interesting article or news story send it to us and we might post it here.
RSS Enabled-An additional feature is the RSS Feed. An RSS feed allows you to automatically receive the News & Highlights updates in your email or RSS reader. Click to subscribe.
Latest News and Highlights
- Sao Paulo Still Struggling With Body Image Issues
- Students Should Stop Fretting about Body Image, Focus on Health
- Remuda Ranch, Programs for Eating and Anxiety Disorders, and MASK (Mothers Awareness on School-Age Kids), Partner to Help Educate Parents, Teachers and Students About Eating Disorders
- A chance to reflect: Eating Disorders Awareness Week Feb. 1-7
- Pro-anorexia Sites Attract Younger Viewers